Exhibition Now Open!
From over 200 entries by Central Coast artists, just 40 paintings were selected for this special exhibition. The Museum is honored to show paintings by:
- Ashby, Wendy
- Bekins, Christopher
- Berthoin, Paola
- Blood, Brian -- winner of PGMNH's 1st Place award for his painting "The Lady Alice"
- Brimer, Rich -- winner of the California State Park Foundation's award for his painting "Garrapata Trail"
- Cherk, Sandra
- Clausen, Bill
- Dominguez, Miguel – winner of the Point Lobos Foundation’s award for his painting “Cypress Summit”
- Everett, Bruce
- Factor, Gail
- Farina, Mark – winner of PGMNH’s 2nd Place award for his painting “Carmel Lagoon Spring”
- Frank, Jan – winner of Asilomar Conference Grounds and State Beach’s award for her painting “Restless Asilomar”
- Hanson, Coraly
- Holmsky, Peter
- Johnson, Sibyl
- Kennan, Bill – winner of the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary’s award for his painting “China Cove”
- Kersey, Laurie – winner of PGMNH’s Best of Show award for her painting “Sunset on the Rocks” (seen here)
- Leonard, Karin
- Leoni, Karen – winner of the Big Sur Land Trust’s award for her painting “Garrapata”
- Levitsky, Burt
- Licht, Karuna – winner of PGMNH’s 3rd Place award for her painting “Ventana Double Cones”
- Martin, Stephanie
- Meheen, Alicia
- Miller, Judy – winner of the BLM’s California Coastal National Monuments award for her painting “Ebb Tide at Pfeiffer”
- Milligan, Kevin
- Strouse, Warren
- Strouse, Sharon
- Tette, Richard – winner of the Elkhorn Slough Foundation’s award for his painting “Elkhorn Slough 1”
- Thompson, Marte
- Titus, Susan
- Valtr, Jan
- Willis, Jim
- Woodman, Patrick
Juror Scott Shield's selected the "Best of Show," 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place award winners. The cash prizes were given by the Pacific Grove Museum of Natural History. A panel of five jurors selected the sponsoring organizations' awards.
The exhibition will be open through April 5, 2014. It is sponsored in part by the Arts Council for Monterey County.